Many, many years ago, diamond jewelry stores needed to be located in the downtown area. In those days (the days before shopping malls and suburban sprawl), downtown was the place where everybody went to shop, where they went to eat at restaurants, and where they found their entertainment. The diamond jewelry stores had a lot of items for sale besides diamond jewelry. There were watches, clocks, china, crystal, silver, and giftware.
In the early 60’s, a new type of shopping/entertainment/dining/gathering place started to spring up as the suburban areas began to grow…. it was called the shopping mall. Many of the diamond jewelry stores started to move into these new shopping malls but without their crystal, silver, china, and giftware departments. Now 40 to 50 years later, the jewelers are moving out of the shopping malls because the rents have gotten so high that only the national chain diamond jewelry stores can afford to stay in the mall.
Now, jewelers are opening “stand alone” diamond jewelry stores that are located adjacent to the malls…. these stores have become a shopping destination with their own parking and they are widening their offerings by bringing back giftware, clocks, etc. They have come full circle from where they started out years ago.
The Birth of Modern Jewelry Stores
Nowadays, online wholesale jewelry stores possess vast ensemble of wholesale gold or silver jewelry for both men’s and women with authentic diamonds.The Internet has offered simple, quick and hassle free shopping round the clock and allowed consumers to shop from the comfort of their homes.
To gain an edge in the competitive world, wholesale dealers constantly update their jewelry collection with latest trends and even offer customization to your liking. Consumers no longer have to travel far distances or pay exorbitant prices for high quality jewelry.
That said, here are some pointers to remember in order to ensure a safe and secure transaction through an online seller:
- Decide beforehand what you are exactly looking for? See whether the wholesaler has provided comprehensive information and good policies about the products he deals in.
- Browse through the sites of gemologist organizations and FTC guidelines to stay updated about jewelry, gems and stones and how to distinguish between the real and fake ones.
- Read the terms and conditions of the wholesaler carefully to avoid any confusion or disputes.
- Verify the cut, carat weight, color, and flaws on the diamond to ensure the best possible deal. The diamond should be certified as it will act as an assurance to its genuineness. It is best to get a good understanding of rating systems and diamond grading standards before you start shopping.
- To purchase white gold and silver jewelry online is quite easy. However, stay cautious and never forget to research all possibilities and loopholes involved in buying jewelry online to avoid scams.